Title: Strong Division Turnout at the MGH Public and Community Psychiatry Symposium
The Division of Global Psychiatry was well represented at the 4th Annual Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Public and Community Psychiatry Symposium on March 30, 2016. Following a relevant and thought-provoking keynote presentation by Dr. Pamela Collins of NIMH about dimensions of sexuality in women with serious mental illness in New York, members of the MGH community came together to share and discuss their recent work related to community psychiatry. Of the 27 posters presented, faculty, staff, and collaborators of the Global Division were involved in research on 30% of the posters on display.
Listed below are the posters presented by Division of Global Psychiatry faculty, staff, and collaborators:
• Oppenheim CE, Levey E, Parnarouskis L, Menyongai J, Chukwuezi B, … Stevenson A, Borba CPC. “It’s all about the label”: Understanding the landscape of mental health terminologies in a faith community in Lowell, Massachusetts.
• Levey E, Oppenheim CE, Plasky N, Lange B, Harris B, … Henderson DC, Borba CPC. A qualitative analysis of factors impacting resilience among adolescents in post-conflict Liberia.
• Parnarouskis L, Johnson K, Stevenson A, Borba CPC. The Role of Family in Diverse Patients’ Experiences of Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder.
• Ng LC, Petruzzi LJ, Greene CM, Mueser KT, Borba CPC, Henderson DC. Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Symptoms and Social and Occupational Functioning of People with Schizophrenia.
• Borba CPC, Ahles EM, Blackburn AM, Valentine SE, Simon NM, Wiltsey-Stirman S, Marques L. Providers’ Perspectives of Factors Influencing Implementation of Evidence-Based Treatments in a Community Mental Health Setting: A Qualitative Investigation of the Training-Practice Gap.
• Shields M, Borba CPC, Singer S, Trinh N. Quality of Inpatient Psychiatric Care and Consumers’ Trust in the Mental Health Care System.
• Zeng M, Borba CPC, Kovachy B, Shtasel DL. Physician health advocacy attitudes, barriers, and competencies: a survey of psychiatric residents.
• Koh K, Bharel M, Henderson DC. Nutrition for Homeless Populations: Shelters and Soup Kitchens as Opportunities for Intervention.
In addition, we have two posters in this week's Annual Meeting of the MGH Scientific Advisory Committee:
• Levey EJ, Oppenheim CE, Plasky NS, Lange BC, Harris BL, Henderson DC, Borba CPC. Factors Impacting Resilience among Adolescents in Post-Conflict Liberia.
• Parnarouskis L, Stevenson A, Lange BC, Pullen SJ, Petruzzi LJ, Dominguez S, Harris BL, … Henderson DC, Borba CPC. The Impact of Transactional Sex with Teachers on Secondary School Students in Monrovia, Liberia.
BACK TO EVENTS/NEWS PAGE